OPEN POSITIONS IN THE UK
WHO WE ARE
Proventia Test Solutions is an innovative and up-and-coming test solutions provider in the automotive powertrain space. We create modular test cells for testing a variety of powertrain components, from full vehicles to individual battery cells and motors. We believe in providing customers with the best tools to create new and exciting powertrain technologies, which will drive us towards a zero emissions future. Proventia believe in investing in people and providing the best resources to our employees to ensure they can get the job done properly. Customer satisfaction is a priority, and we are always open to a challenge.
The commissioning engineer role will be a multi-faceted role, with the intention for this person to support the commissioning of projects in the UK.
The role will include the installation and commissioning of electrical and electronic systems, as well as electromechanical systems.
The role will also involve commissioning these systems across Europe, so the role will involve travelling, and occasional extended stays at the customer location.
This is a generalist role, so other skills, such as design or project management are welcome, but not essential. The ideal candidate will be keen to learn new skills and adapt to different tasks and build a strong relationship with our Finnish team.
Required Skills and Experience
The following skill set is a minimum requirement for the role:
- 1-year minimum working in a relevant systems engineering / commissioning role(s).
- A demonstrable general knowledge of automated testing with integrated systems
- Awareness of various industrial protocols such as CAN, EtherCAT, Profibus etc.
- An understanding of data acquisition principles, including but not limited to resolution, sampling rate, bandwidth, noise treatment etc.
- Experience installing and commissioning an electro-mechanical or electrical system.
- Ability to work remotely from the core engineering team, so effective and clear communication is a must.
- Self-sufficient and self-starting, with excellent time-planning and prioritisation skills.
- Driving license with maximum 3 penalty points.
- Right to work in the UK.
Additional Skills and Experience
The following skills are not a prerequisite for the role, but would be looked favourably on for an applicant:
Understanding of the safety requirements for this type of testing.
- Working knowledge of PLC programming (eg. Beckhoff, Siemens S7, Rockwell, Schneider, Mitsubishi etc.)
- Experience in managing support and maintenance contracts.
- Experience of electrical panel mechanical layout and schematic design using CAD tools.
- Experience using one of the main dynamometer automation systems (FEV D2T, AVL Puma/Bobcat/Other, Horiba STARS, Kratzer PAtools). Knowledge of multiple systems is welcome.
- Programming ability in one or more high level language (C#, C, C++, Python, LabVIEW etc.) for automation purposes.
- Understanding of the automation requirements for high-speed testing of electro-mechanical systems.
The salary for this role will be approximately £35k before tax and will depend on the experience and skills of the successful candidate.
Desired location is Milton Keynes in the UK. The successful candidate should be comfortable attending the office on an occasional basis.
- Health Insurance
- Company Pension (above government minimum pension in UK)
- Work travel compensated in line with local recommendations
The hiring manager can be contacted on Wednesdays in June between 9am and 5pm on 07497146921 for any questions regarding the role, but applications should be sent by email to: Chris Garrat, chris.garrat(at)proventia.com
Application deadline: 30/06/2021