Proventia provides the most agile engineering services, without compromising on work quality. Achieving the highest emission standards and keeping costs under control call for strong emission engineering expertise combined with the latest computational design and simulation tools. Our engineering services provide strong support to our non-road engine and machine manufacturer customers.
We provide engineering services in all emission-related issues, from emission strategy consulting to component and system development, and mechanical design. One of our strengths is our exceptional simulation validation.
We can engineer a complete exhaust aftertreatment system for our customers, or we can handle a smaller project, e.g. engineering a system for a special application or just a single component. We also offer our customers our own technology innovations through licensing.
Our engineering services
Basic research and development focused on emission control technologies
- Accelerating the deployment of new components and technologies to most cost-effectively meet regulatory standards, without decreasing machine or vehicle efficiency
- Basic chemistry
- Component research
- Specific engines and applications research
Design and development of platforms, components and EAT systems
- Combining components with the most suitable exhaust aftertreatment platforms that can be utilised in a variety of applications and operating environments
- Designing and developing individual exhaust aftertreatment components for specific challenges or for improving the overall EAT system performance, e.g. AdBlue® mixers, insulations solutions
- Optimising components for various engines and applications
- Selecting the components by simulating and testing components and their variants
- Complete system FEM simulation: Static load and durability simulation
- Complete system CFD simulation: Back pressure, cell distribution and injection simulations
- Thermal simulations: Thermal stress and surface temperatrues
Simulation - a key part of product development
Simulation is a key part of our product development process. With simulation tools, we can model all the relevant physics and chemistry in the exhaust gas aftertreatment systems early in the product development phase. We can perform both CFD and FEM simulations.
Computational fluid dynamics (CFD) simulations allow us to analyse and evaluate the exhaust aftertreatment system from layout design to prototypes, and all the way to the final products. The system operation is simulated in the initial design stages to ensure a viable layout. After this, the system moves into a prototype design, which is simulated and verified in the engine laboratory. The CFD simulations go hand in hand with the laboratory tests all the way to the final product design.
Finite element method (FEM) simulations focus mainly on the vibration and durability analyses of the exhaust aftertreatment systems. Like CFD, the system is simulated in the initial design stages to ensure its viability. For the simulations, we measure the accelerations from actual applications and compile a representative test curve. The test curve is then used as a boundary condition in the simulation. If the stresses in the system increase too much, changes must be made to the mechanical design. Additionally, we can measure strain and temperatures, which can be used to validate the simulations.
We have a skilled and experienced prototype manufacturing team, which works in close cooperation with our engineering and testing teams. We value rapid and easy communication between design, prototype, and testing and validation teams, which ensures cost-effective and fast development towards customer requirements.
Our own prototype manufacturing team and tools facilitate rapid, cost-effective, high-quality prototyping systems. We already focus on cost-effective serial producibility in the early stage of prototyping. Our team also manufactures assembly and inspection jigs. Our designers work hand in hand with our prototype manufacturing professionals, which enables us to make fast modifications to our prototypes at every stage of the development process. Our professionally equipped prototype workshop ensures a fast and cost-effective product development loop.
Finished parts and tooling are always verified by 3D measurements, and samples are accompanied by full inspection reports.